Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My sweet Boy!!

Well today was a day and moment of reflection and love with my kids. We woke up early and got ready to go to the first of many summer movies. Jaxson was so excited that we had something to do today and he was ready and out the door quicker than ever. Mya was excited too, carrying her bag of goodies and wearing the biggest shoes she owns. We went and it was fun and so noisy!!! Everyone had kids and the noise level was about the loudest sacrament meeting ever. We had fun and Jaxson laughed through the whole movie and kept telling me that was hilarious.
After the movie we needed to run some errands and so Jaxson wasn't the most happy however he had his allowance and wanted to spend it. I kept telling him that he might want to save it for a couple of weeks to buy something cool, but he was convinced that 1 dollar and some change would buy a great toy. On to Target we went and he was astonished that the bionicle was 5 dollars. He wasn't interested in anything else but asked the price anyway. He learned a bit about the economy today and the cost of things rising.(I didn't offer to raise his allowance though) he will soon catch on I am sure.
Well on our way home he was sitting listening to the music and said,"Mom I am going to miss you when I grow up". I was so taken back and teared up and thought how grateful I am for the opportunity to be his mom and that great example he is to me. He then said " you will be old then". I don't want to focus on that at this time but for now I am taking one day at a time and loving it with my children and child to come. I am going to miss this time of my life and I need to love the dirty messes, all the questions, and the tantrums. I need to play lego's and hide n seek and playdough as much as I can with them. I love this divine job of being a mom and wouldn't change it for the world!!1