I was reading cjane tonight and really loved something she was thinking about that is so true and I needed this reminder for me!
"Then at Stake Conference Sister Wong gave a talk, a really enlightening, powerful talk, and in it she said, "Our temporal needs will never be met." And that statement hit me with a wave of warm emotion, signifying it must be true so I accepted that too. My temporal needs--decorating my house or hitting a certain weight or having things, whatever they are--will never be enough, I will always wish for more. The duty is to accept what I have now, with a heart stuffed of happiness and gratitude. What I have, or what I am right now is perfectly suited for right now. It is "the best."
We will always want and "need" but I will try this week to like and accept me and this life as it is. It really is pretty great! Nice cool home, sleeping kids, cozy bed to lay in, cold water to drink, a new day of fun and laughter, and love! Be happy to accept tomorrow I am gonna try! No trip to Target this week for me. Accept today it is the best :)