Well school is out and summer is in full swing! We had a great water/out of school party at our house on Thursday which was a lot of fun with ALOT of people but the more the merrier at this house I think:) We had a celebratory ice cream date and a later than normal bedtime with no homework or schedule to worry about the next day. Friday the kids had a play date with some of our great friends and mommy got off work early to hang out and help Aunt Molly get ready for camp. The kids enjoyed the beautiful outdoors and spending time with their cousins. Saturday we had a little time organizing and purging of toys and clothes. The kids weren't very happy about this but they obliged and then we were off for some family time with lunch and shopping and Daddy's final softball game which they lost but it was still really sad considering they were undefeated:( We had a great day at church today with early stake conference and now the house is calm and still while everyone is resting. I am so grateful for my ordinary days to spend with my sweet children and husband. I am grateful for the glimpses of pure joy that I see throughout the day as my son gets so excited with helping his dad get fishing poles ready for their big Missouri trip tomorrow, or my sweet 2 year old who tried to make cookies by herself and poured almost the whole bottle of vanilla in the bowl ( good thing I noticed before everything else went in) and then asking for a "yick" to taste of the sweetness of cookie dough. I am joyful to see a little 5 year old sound asleep on the couch with a faint smile on her face as she dreams of something great.
Today is just another day but makes a difference in my life because I don't know when my last ordinary day will be and I will miss this all too soon when these kids are grown and gone and I will have a quiet sad heart! Have a great normal day everyone!